Winter Warrior Runway Control
Winter Warrior Runway Control
Federally Approved For Use on Airport Runways & LEED Compliant.
Completely Chloride and Urea Free!
FREE FREIGHT SHIPPING!!!*
*NOTE: FREE SHIPPING does not include additional residential or limited access surcharge, lift gate or appointment scheduling.
We will contact you to get all freight information and any additional requested services will be charged at that point (or call the experts at (866) 299-5165 for free freight quotes and more information).
Winter Warrior Runway Control® is a unique runway safe ice-melter that does not contain corrosive chlorides or nitrogen (ammonia) which can degrade the steel that is embedded in concrete and the surfaces of vehicles used on runways, taxiways and aprons. For these reasons, Winter Warrior Runway Control can also be used effectively on areas with exposed or sensitive metals like bridge decks, vessel decks, ferries, drilling platforms and transit or railway platforms while protecting the environment.
Winter Warrior Runway Control Icemelter is fast becoming a preferred choice around many airports, and commercial sites that demand a totally chloride and urea free, non-corrosive ice melter.
Winter Warrior Runway Control Benefits
- Federally Approved for Use on Airport Runways, Taxiways & Aprons.
- A unique, truly Non-Corrosive Ice Melter.
- Chloride & Urea Free.
- No nitrogen formula means no polluting urea runoff.
- Powerful to -21°C (-6°C).
- Special Acetate formulation.
- Meets LEED standards.
- Versatile icemelter not just for airports, but for any areas with exposed and sensitive metals.
Unique Environmentally Friendly Formulation
A truly non-corrosive formulation! Unlike the urea found in other non-corrosive icemelters, Winter Warrior Runway Control contains no nitrogen and has a relatively low biological oxygen demand. Urea breaks down into ammonia, creating run-off that is toxic to aquatic life even at low levels. Since Winter Warrior Runway Control does not contain nitrogen, toxicity to aquatic life, ammonia run-off, and pollution ARE NOT factors with the use of this icemelter!
Additionally, Winter Warrior Runway Control is readily biodegradable at low temperatures compared to urea.
Winter Warrior Runway Control Certifications
Winter Warrior Runway Control meets all FAA and Transport Canada approved specifications (SAE AMS 1431B) that cover all solid runway and taxiway deicing / anti-icing compounds. It is approved for use on airport runways, taxiways and aprons.
As it is 100% chloride free, Winter Warrior also meets LEED standards regarding snow and ice removal for LEED Certified Properties.
Winter Warrior Runway Control Formulation
Winter Warrior Runway Control has been developed with a special process of encapsulating Sodium Acetate with a Sodium Formate additive. Winter Warrior Runway Control is not a blended product, as each granule has been treated with this special process.
Winter Warrior Runway Control Application
Winter Warrior Runway Control can be applied in its solid granule form or can be made into liquid.
- Apply at a rate of 10 lb. per 1,000 square feet or ¼ cup per square yard.
- To convert the product into a liquid format, simply dilute 25% product into 75% water weight/weight.
- As a liquid, Winter Warrior can be sprayed on difficult structures that are impractical to apply standard granulars formulations.
- Winter Warrior Runway Control can also be used as an anti-icing agent.
Winter Warrior Runway Control Available Sizes
- 55 lb. Bags (Pallet of 40x Bags or 2,200 lb.) - Covers 220,000 square feet or 5.1 acres.
- 1 MT Tote (2,300 lb.). Covers 230,000 square feet or 5.3 acres.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.