Weed Control / Non-Selective
FINALSAN / Pulverize Weed & Grass Killer
Non-Selective Organic Weed Killer
OMRI Listed (Finalsan Only)
Finalsan® Non-Selective Organic Weed Killer and Pulverize® Weed & Grass Killer are patented fast-acting weed, grass, algae, and moss killers. Using a specially formulated, non-staining, ammonium soap of fatty acids, Finalsan and Pulverize are non-selective herbicides that control or suppress many common annual, biennial, and perennial weeds. A great alternative to conventional herbicides!
Herbicidal soaps work by penetrating the waxy cuticle of plants, causing the plant to dehydrate and die. The active ingredients accumulate in plants and cause intracellular damage, leading to cell death. Activity is non-selective and will kill plants the soap comes into contact with, but will not translocate to underground portions of the plant or harm the bark of mature, woody plants. Can be safely sprayed around the base of trees, shrubs, hops, grapes without worry.
Finalsan Organic Weed Killer Benefits
- A great alternative to conventional herbicides.
- OMRI Listed (Finalsan Only).
- Fast acting - Visible results within hours.
- Highly biodegradable, will not affect woody parts of plants - great for spraying at the base of trees or bushes; perfect for vineyards or for hops growers
- Dissipates quickly.
- Does not stain brick, concrete or pavement.
- No unpleasant odor as with other acid fatty acid products.
- EPA registered & approved.
- Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) listed product.
- Quick reentry and no harmful residues.
Pulverize Weed & Grass Killer
NOTE: While Pulverize has a similar formulation as Finalsan, Pulverize has not yet been registered with OMRI.
Finalsan & Pulverize Uses
Non-selective weed killers can be used on weeds within vegetable and flower gardens, landscaped areas, lawns (for spot treatment only), in the vicinity of small fruits and fruit trees, around and on buildings, sidewalks, fences, bark mulch, driveways, patios and gravel. Use on moss and algae, around and on buildings, roofs, decks, sidewalks, fences, bark mulch, driveways, patios and gravel.
They will destroy most plants they are applied to so they should NOT be applied on areas of lawn where desired grass could be effective. For a selective option, try Fiesta Selective Weed Killer.
Finalsan & Pulverize Weed Killers Science
Finalsan & Pulverize General Treatment Instructions
Small Easy To Kill Weeds: Add 1 Part Finalsan / Pulverize to 9 Parts Water (12.8 Ounces of Finalsan / Pulverize per Gallon of Water) for a 10% solution. Apply 2 Gallons of diluted solution per 1,000 square feet.
Larger Established Weeds: Add 1 Part Finalsan / Pulverize to 6 Parts Water (21 Ounces of Finalsan / Pulverize per Gallon of Water) for a 16.7% final solution. Apply 2 Gallons of diluted solution per 1,000 square feet.
Algae and Moss: Add 1 Part Finalsan / Pulverize to 19 Parts Water (6.4 Ounces of Finalsan / Pulverize per Gallon of Water) for a 5% final solution. Apply 2 Gallons of diluted solution per 1,000 square feet.
Finalsan & Pulverize Application Notes
- Shake well before applying.
- Can be applied in cold weather when other organic weed killers may not work.
- Plant damage will be visible from a few hours to 2 days after spraying.
- Repeat treatment every 2 to 3 weeks to control new weeds growing .from seed and re-growth from bi-annual and perennial weeds.
- Avoid spraying desirable plants.
- Can be used around pets and wildlife.
Finalsan & Pulverize Active Ingredients
Ammoniated Soap of Fatty Acids ................................................. 22%
Finalsan & Pulverize Available Sizes
- 32 oz. (Pulverize)
- 1 Gallon (Pulverize)
- 2.5 Gallon (Finalsan)
Ready To Use (RTU)
- 32 oz. Spray (Pulverize)
- 1 Gallon Pump Sprayer (Pulverize)