Beetle / Grub Control
Effective Natural Biological Beetle & Grub Control
Target the Pest, Not the Rest
Labeled by EPA "For Organic Production" on fruits and vegetables.
Exempt from CT EPA Restrictions on K-8 and Municipal Parks!
beetleGONE!® is the first Btg (Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae) bio-insecticide to control adult beetles at a level of efficacy equivalent to chemical standards but without the side effects or off-target damage to beneficial insects, such as bees, butterflies and other pollinators. With beetleGONE!, entire landscapes can be economically, effectively and safely protected from destructive beetle pests such as Japanese,Asiatic, June and Oriental Beetles, and European, Cupreous, Southern and Northern Masked Chafers. Unlike other biological or chemical beetle control products that are only effective against smaller 1st-instar pests, beetleGONE! is an effective control of the larger, later 2nd- and 3rd-instar beetles, and can therefore be used as a curative treatment for beetle control as well as a preventative treatment.
beetleGONE! if effective against a wide host of scarab beetles, chafers, borers and weevils and is safer for pollinators such as bees, people, plants, animals and the environment than other organic or chemical alternatives. Beetles will not develop resistance to this natural biological control.
• Much broader range of control: Japanese, Oriental, June and Asiatic beetles; Chafers, Weevils & Borers.
• Labeled for application to trees, shrubs, edible fruits and vegetables.
• Treated vegetables, fruits and herbs may be eaten the same day as the application.
• No harm to bees, butterflies, lady bugs and other non-targets in the garden.
• Novel beetle activity on adults & beetles.
• Labeled for EPA "For Organic Production" for fruits and vegetables.
• Non phytotoxic to plants, trees or turf.
• Novel production platform technology.
Pests With Confirmed Control By beetleGONE!
• Japanese Beetle (Popillia japonica)
• Oriental Beetle (Anomala orientalis)
• May or June Beetle (Phyllophaga sp.)
• Asiatic Garden Beetle (Maladera castanea)
• European Chafer (Rhizotroqus majalis)
• Cupreous Chafer (Rhizotroqus majalis)
• June beetle (Cotinis nitida)
• Darklin beetle (Alphitobius diaperinus)
• Alfalfa Weevil (Hypera brunneipennis)
• Rice Water Weevil (Sitophilus oryzae)
• Northern Masked Chafer (Cyclocephala borealis)
• Southern Masked Chafer (Cyclocephala lurida)
• Goldspotted Oak Borer (Agrilus coxalis auroguttatus)
• Rice Leaf Borer (Oulema oryzae)
• Alder Leaf Borer (Agelastica alni)
...And Many More!
When Do I Apply beetleGONE?
Exact application timing will depend on your location and climate. Japanese beetle activity starts at the beginning of July in most parts of the country. For grubs, the beginning of August. The chart below provides general guidelines for when to apply grubGONE! and beetleGONE! in most milder climates of the United States:
General Application Instructions for beetleGONE!
• Apply beetleGONE! at a rate of 1 to 2 ounces per gallon of water (1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons per gallon of water).
• For larger application, use beetleGONE! at a rate of 2.5 pounds per acre (or more for heavier infestations) per application in up to 30 gallons (for low volume mist blowers) or 100 gallons (for high volume hydraulic sprayers) of water per acre.
beetleGONE! may also be used as a wettable powder for grub control on turf at a rate of 0.25 lbs. per 1,000 square feet (1/2 a cup or 8 tbs. of beetleGONE! per gallon of water per 1,000 square feet). Or 1 lb covers 4,000 square feet.
Application Notes for beetleGONE!
• Re-apply beetleGONE! every 7-10 days when beetles are active (for beetles only...for grubs once a year in the late summer/early fall is enough). Excess rain may require more frequent applications for beetles.
• The use of a sticker is highly recommended to extend the time that the product is active. Nu Film®P is the suggested spreader.
• If using beetleGONE! for grub control, water in with 0.5 inch of water, or apply before a moderate rain. beetleGONE! must reach the root zone where the white grubs feed.
Sites of Application:
Phyllom beetleGONE! can be used for applications to plants, trees and turf residential lawns, commercial grounds (e.g., office and shopping complexes and airports), parks, schools, playgrounds, athletic fields, day care facilities, pet care facilities, cemeteries, sod farms, and other turf grass-covered areas. beetleGONE! is not phytotoxic and can be used on all plant species.
beetleGONE! Active Ingredient
Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae, Strain SDS-502.
beetleGONE! Available Sizes
• 5 lb. bag (Covers 2 acres for beetles & 20,000 sf for grubs).
• 2 lb. bag (Covers 35,000 sf for beetles & 8,000 sf for grubs).
• 1 lb. bag (Covers 17,500 sf for beetles & 4,000 sf for grubs).
beetleGONE! Scientific References
• New Grub Control Product May Be a Game Changer.
• Connecticut Gardener Magazine: Connecticut Ag Station State Entomologist Dr Rich Cowles Interview Discussing grubGONE!.
• Ohio Turfgrass Foundation Magazine - grubGONE! as a New Organic Option for Insect Control On Sports Fields.
• Grub Control in Lawns May Be Easier and Safer in 2015 on About.com.
• The Day - Green and Growing: Kathy Connolly. GrubGONE! & beetleGONE!
• A strain of Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. galleriae containing a novel cry8 gene highly toxic to Anomala cuprea (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae).
Buy Online Here