Eco-Friendly Ice Melts
GroundWorks / Mountain Organic Eco & Pet Friendly Icemelts
GroundWorks Natural™ and Mountain Organic Natural Ice Melts* are premium products designed to tackle the worst winter weather conditions - but with the same potassium-based ingredient as common organic lawn fertilizers. GroundWorks is designed specifically to melt ice and snow effectively, while being eco-friendly, pet safe, and easy to use. With a unique potassium formulation, this product won't burn pets' paws or your lawn, such as happens with common rock salts, ureas or other type of harsher ice melts.
GroundWorks Icemelter works better than traditional icemelters without any of the risks.
*Note: GroundWorks (Retail Version) and Mountain Organic (Wholesale/Professional version) are the exact same product and formulation from the same manufacturer, XYNYTH Manufacturing Corp., a North American leader in the ice melting industry for 35-plus years with a major focus on the environment. Green Earth is proud, as the top US organic wholesale distributor, to be a leading partner and distributor of the Xynyth brands.
GroundWorks / Mountain Organic Ice Melt Benefits
- Powerful to -9°F (-23°C).
- Safest on lawns and plants - contains fertilizer & food-grade ingredients!
- Safest for Pets!
- Urea free.
- Concentrated powder.
- No messy residue like calcium or magnesium chlorides.
- Safe on concrete when used properly* (Read more about this here).
- GroundWorks Natural Ice Melter does not chemically affect quality air entrained concrete or treated wood. It allows for a greater volume of water to evaporate, assisting in the prevention of damage to concrete associated with freeze/thaw cycles.
*Note: Ice melters should not be applied to unsealed concrete brick, exposed aggregate or precast steps and should not be used on concrete less than 12 months old.
GroundWorks / Mountain Organic Ice Melt Composition
GroundWorks Natural Icemelter is a fertilizer based icemelter made primarily from the vital element Potassium. Potassium is a required nutrient for turf and plant life and has long been considered a safer ingredient (than standard rock salts, calcium chlorides, urea etc.) to melt ice effectively.
GroundWorks / Mountain Organic Ice Melt Application Instructions
- Apply at a rate of 10 - 20 lbs. per 1,000 square feet (¼ - ½ cup per square yard).
- GroundWorks Icemelter is best applied in a uniform, even distribution pattern.
- It is easiest to spread by mechanical means, such as a spreader, depending on size of coverage.
- It is recommended to remove ice and slush once ice bond has broken.
- Icemelter may be applied at the beginning of a storm to prevent hard ice accumulations.
GroundWorks / Mountain Organic Ice Melt Available Sizes
- 10 lb. Poly Bag (Covers 1,000 square feet).
- 22 lb. Poly Bag (Covers 2,200 square feet).
- 44 lb. Poly Bag (Covers 4,400 square feet).
- 50 lb. Pail (Covers 5,000 square feet).
- 1 Metric Ton or 2,300 lb. Tote* (Covers 230,000 square feet or 5.3 acres).