PEST INSECT CONTROL
Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew
Captain Jacks Dead bug Brew® is a spinosad-based insecticide from Bonide that targets beetles, moths, mites, and others. Spinosad is derived from a naturally occurring soil dwelling bacterium that was collected from an abandoned rum distillery in the Caribbean in 1982, hence the name of this product. It is available in a liquid concentrate and a ready-to-use dust formulation.
Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew Benefits
- Controls a wide variety of insect pests.
- This product does not significantly impact predatory beneficial insects, predatory mites, and spiders while controlling target pests.
- Concentrated and Ready-To-Use formulations.
- Naturally derived ingredient.
- Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew is Safe For Use on: Fruiting vegetables, Cole crops, leafy vegetables, tuberous vegetables, stone fruits, apples and other pome fruits. See labels for full list.
Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew Insects Controlled
- Beetles (Japanese beetles, Flea beetles, Asparagus beetle)
- Codling moth
- Emerald Ash Borer
- Flea beetle
- Gall midges
- Gypsy moth
- Leaf miners
- Leaf Rollers
- Peach twig borer
- Pecan nut casebearer
- Sawfly larvae
- Sod Webworm
- Spider mites
- Worms, various caterpillars (including Tent caterpillars)
...See labels for full list
Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew Is Safe For Use On
- Fruiting vegetables
- Cole crops
- Leafy vegetables
- Tuberous vegetables
- Stone fruits
- Apples and other pome fruits
- See label for full list
Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew Ingredients
Spinosad (a mixture of spinosyn A and spinosyn D) ....... 0.5%
Spinosad (a mixture of spinosyn A and spinosyn D) ..... 0.001%
Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew Application Instructions
- Apply when pests are present.
- For the concentrate only: Add 2 oz. (4 Tablespoons) of Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew per Gallon of water and mix thoroughly. Mix only as much spray as needed for a single treatment.
- Apply uniformly to both upper and lower surfaces of plant foliage.
- In vegetable gardens, for best results, do not use more than 3 gallons of spray for 1000 sq. ft. of area.
Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew Sizes and Coverage
- 1.5 lb. (Covers 1,500 sq. ft.).
- 4 lb. (Covers 4,000 sq. ft.).
- Pint (Covers 2,666 sq. ft.).
- Quart (Covers 5,332 sq. ft.).