Organic Weed Control
Torocity is both a pre-emergent and post-emergent weed killer that provides control of more than 45 broadleaf weeds and grasses in turf grass. Torocity inhibits photosynthesis in targeted plants and is absorbed systemically through leaves and roots. It can be effectively used for weed control prior to and when seeding of specific types of turf grasses.
- Provides post-emergent control of tough-to-control weeds.
- A unique product that eliminates crabgrass without killing the desired turf.
- Weeds controlled include crabgrass (pre- and post-emergent), ground ivy, yellow foxtail, yellow nutsedge and dandelion.
- Can be applied anytime seeding takes place including over-seeding of established turf grass, bare ground seeding or during lawn renovations.
- Same exact active ingredient as Tenacity Weed Killer at a lower cost.
Species controlled or suppressed by Torocity:
- Bentrgrass, Creeping
- Bluegrass, Annual
- Ground Ivy
- Nutsedge, Yellow
- Sow Thistle
- Wild Carrot
Torocity is labeled for use on the following areas:
- Commercial and residential turf grass
- Golf Courses (except putting greens)
- Sod farms
- Athletic fields
...And Many More
Torocity Application Instructions
- Use a general application rate of 4-8 ounces per acre.
- Higher rates should be used for heavier weed pressure.
- A non-ionic surfactant is recommended for a more thorough post-emergent applications.
- See Label for more specific use rates.
Torocity Active Ingredient
Mesotrione ..... 40.0%*
* Same exact ingredient as Tenacity Weed Killer with a more cost-effective price.
Note: Torocity is one of the few synthetics we
carry since there is not an organic post-emergent crabgrass control available. The active ingredient, mesotrione, is based on a naturally occurring compound produced by the bottlebrush plant that inhibits photosynthesis in susceptible
plant species. Torocity has reduced-risk status by the EPA due to low toxicity profile.