ANT, BUG & SLUG CONTROL
Monterey Sluggo Plus
Sluggo Plus Benefits
- For outdoor use around residential sites.
- Kills earwigs, cutworm, sowbugs, pillbugs, crickets, ants (excluding Fire Ants, Harvester Ants, Pharaoh’s Ants and Carpenter Ants), slugs, and snails.
- Contains Spinosad, derived from a naturally-occurring soil dwelling bacterium
- Easy-to-use pellet formulation.
Insects Controlled by Sluggo Plus
- Ants (excluding Fire Ants, Harvester Ants, Pharaoh’s Ants and Carpenter Ants)
Use Sites for Sluggo Plus
- Vegetables: artichokes (globe), asparagus, beans, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cantaloupe, carrots, cauliflower, corn, cucumbers, eggplants, garlic, lettuce, onions, peas, peppers, potatoes, radishes, rutabagas, spinach, soybeans, squash, Swiss chard, tomatoes and turnips.
- Fruits: apples, avocados, apricots, cherries, grapes, melons, peaches, plums, citrus, pears.
- Berries: strawberries, blueberries, loganberries.
- Outdoor Ornamentals.
- Greenhouses (non-commercial).
Sluggo Plus Application Directions
Scatter the bait granules on the soil around or near the plants to be protected with a hand or power operated broadcast, granular or drop spreader (gravity or rotary) to ensure uniform coverage over the treatment area. Apply bait evenly at approximately 0.5 to 1 lb. per 1,000 square feet, or for smaller areas, 0.075 to 0.15 oz., or 0.5 to 1 teaspoon, per square yard. Do not place in piles. Scatter the bait around the perimeter of the area to provide a protective “barrier” for pests entering the area. If the ground is dry, wet it before applying bait. The product works best when soil is moist but with little or no standing water. Do not use food utensils such as tablespoons, cups, etc. for food purposes after pesticide use.
For Seedlings - Spread the bait around the base of the stem. For trees or shrubs, spread the bait around the base of the tree. For small plots, treat around the base of the plants to be protected. In greenhouses, scatter the bait in the pots of plants being damaged or around pots on greenhouse benches.
Best Treatment Times - Evening is the best time to apply the bait as pests travel and feed mostly by night or early morning. Treat all likely areas of infestation, especially around the perimeter of garden plots for target pests because pests travel into plant areas from daytime refuges. Slugs & snails favor damp places around vegetable plants such as beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, celery and squash. Other areas slugs and snails may be found are flower gardens, rockeries, hedges, dichondra, lawns, ivy patches, and other ground cover where they obtain shelter by day.
- Do not apply more than 3 times in any 30 day period.
- Do not apply within 3 days of harvest.
Sluggo Plus Active Ingredients
Iron Phosphate .................................................................................... 0.97%
Spinosad (a mixture of Spinosyn A and Spinosyn D) .............. 0.07%