Eco-Friendly Ice Melts
Winter Warrior Runway Control
Federally Approved For Use on Airport Runways
Winter Warrior Runway Control® is a runway safe ice-melter that does not contain corrosive chlorides that could hard steel embedded in concrete and the surfaces of vehicles used on runways, taxiways and aprons. For these reasons, Winter Warrior Runway Control can also be used effectively on areas with exposed or sensative metals like bridge decks, vessel decks, ferries, drilling platforms and transit or railway platforms while protecting the environment.
Unlike urea, Winter Warrior Runway Control contains no nitrogen and has a relatively low biological oxygen demand. Urea breaks down into ammonia, creating run-off that is toxic to aquatic life even at low levels. Winter Warrior Runway Control does not contain nitrogen, meaning toxic ammonia run-off is not a factor with its use.
Additionally, Winter Warrior Runway Control is readily biodegradable at low temperatures compared to urea.
Winter Warrior Runway Control Benefits
- Runway safe ice-melter
- Powerful to -21°C (-6°C)
- No nitrogen formula
- Special Acetate formulation
- Chloride and Urea free
- Meets LEED standards
- Approved for use in food facilities
- Versatile icemelter for any areas with exposed metals
Winter Warrior Runway Control meets all FAA and Transport Canada approved specifications (SAE AMS 1431B). It is approved for use on airport runways, taxiways and aprons.
As it is 100% chloride free, Winter Warrior also meets LEED standards regarding snow and ice removal for LEED Certified Properties.
Winter Warrior Runway Control has been developed with a special process of encapsulating Sodium Acetate with a Sodium Formate additive. Winter Warrior Runway Control is not a blended product, as each granule has been treated with this special process.
Winter Warrior Runway Control can be applied in its solid granule form or can be made into liquid.
- Apply at a rate of ¼ cup per square yard / 10 lbs per 1000 square feet.
- To convert the product into a liquid format, simply dilute 25% product into 75% water. As a liquid, Winter Warrior can be sprayed on difficult structures that are impractical for the granular format.
- It can also be used as an anti-icing agent.
- 55 lb bag (Covers 5,500 sq. ft.)