Weed Killers / Pre-Emergent
Pre-Emergent Liquid Weed Killer
Formerly Called Pre-Emerg™ or PREEM™
Gluten-8™ is a novel selective pre-emergent natural herbicide that combines the effectiveness of 20 years of scientifically proven Corn Gluten Meal with the convenience and cheaper price of a sprayable liquid. The unique enzymatic hydrolysis process preserves the efficacy of Corn Gluten Meal to provide an economical natural product for home and professional pre-emergent weed control for suppression of annual grass weeds (crab grass) as well as broadleaf weeds such as dandelions, clover and plantain. Gluten-8 is all natural and is not comprised of toxic synthetic chemistries that is ideal for lawn care where pesticide bans exist.
Gluten-8 Pre-Emergent Benefits
• Liquid Corn gluten meal is a water-soluble product derived from corn gluten meal
• EPA 25(b) Exempt - because the EPA has determined that certain "minimum risk pesticides" pose little to no risk to human health or the environment, this product has been exempted from pesticide registration due to the minimum risk ingredients
Gluten-8 Pre-Emergent Science
Gluten-8 has been tested for over 20 years by Iowa State University as a pre-emergent herbicide:
Iowa State University: Corn Gluten Meal Research.
Iowa State University: Corn Gluten Meal - A Natural Weed and Feed for Lawns and Gardens.
Gluten-8 General Treatment Instructions
• Mix 1 Quart of Gluten-8 with 3 Quarts of water (1:3) to make 1 Gallon of diluted working solution. Apply diluted product at a rate of 1 Gallon per 1,000 square feet.
• Alternatively, when more diluted product is desired for finer spray equipment, Mix 1 Quart of Gluten-8 with 7 Quarts of water to make a total of 2 Gallons of diluted working solution. Apply diluted product at a rate of 1 Gallon per 1,000 square feet.
• 1 Gallon of concentrated Gluten-8 concentrate treats 4,000 square feet.
Gluten-8 Application Notes
• Mix and shake well before using
• Apply in the spring as the soil temperature is warming from 45°F to 50°F for cool season weeds such as dandelions, clover and plantains
• Apply as the soil is warming from 60°F to 65°F for warm season weeds such as crabgrass
*The specific soil temperatures in your area can be accurately checked based on your zip code here
• Gluten-8 and Fiesta Selective Post-Emergent Weed Killer are highly compatible and can be tank mixed and sprayed together
• Gluten-8 does not photodegrade like many synthetic chemistries
• Do not seed for 3 weeks before or 3 weeks after application of Gluten-8
Gluten-8 Active Ingredients
• Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Liquid Corn Gluten Meal.......................................99.81%
Gluten-8 Available Sizes
• 1 Gallon Jug (Covers approximately 4,000 square feet).
ICT Organics asserts that Gluten-8™ qualifies from exemption from registration under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA).
Buy Online Here