CEASE Biological Fungicide and Bactericide
Fungicide and Bactericide
EPA REGISTERED & OMRI Listed
BioWorks CEASE is based on a naturally occurring, patented strain of Bacillus subtilis (strain QST 713). It provides effective control of a wide array of both fungal and bacterial pathogens, while providing outstanding plant, human and environmental safety. CEASE is also an excellent tank-mix or rotational partner in your disease control program, compatible with most commonly used pesticides, nutrients and adjuvants.
CEASE is an effective alternative to synthetic chemicals for fungal pathogens such as Botrytis gray mold and powdery mildews, and to coppers for bacterial diseases, such as Pseudomonas, Erwinia and Xanthomonas. With a 4-hour restricted entry interval and a 0-day preharvest interval, CEASE provides growers flexibility and labor costs savings.
CEASE is also a broad spectrum root biofungicide for the prevention, suppression and control of soil borne diseases on a wide range of ornamentals and vegetables. CEASE enhances germination and plant growth by suppressing diseases caused byRhizoctonia, Pythium, Fusarium and Phytophthora.
• Proven efficacy against BOTH fungal and bacterial pathogens.
• Excellent safety – only a 4-hour REI, and can be sprayed up to and on the day of harvest!
• Leaves virtually NO residues on plant foliage or flowers.
• Performs as well as copper-based products, without phytotoxicity or residues.
• Controls disease using multi-site modes of action for effective resistance management.
• Safe for beneficial insects and bees.
• Compatible for tank-mixing/rotating with other registered products.
• OMRI-Listed and NOP-approved for use in organic production.
• Excellent for sustainability and IPM programs.
CEASE is a natural, environmentally-friendly organic control for
fungal and bacterial infections and is non-toxic for pets, animals and children.
CEASE is labeled for the following diseases
- Onion Purple Blotch
- Onion Downy Mildew
- Angular Leaf Spot
- Bacterial Fruit Blotch
- Gummy Stem Blight
- Gray Mold
- Alternaria Leaf Blight
- Bacterial Leaf Blight
- Bacterial Blight
- Pink Rot
- Sclerotinia Head and Leaf Drop
- Black Root Rot/Black Crown Rot
- Botrytis neck rot
- Botrytis Leaf Blight
- Pin Rot Complex
- Bacterial Leaf Spot
- Bacterial Soft Rot
- Bacterial Spot
- Bacterical Speck
- Target Spot
- Black Rot
- Xanthomonas Leaf Spot
- Alternaria Leaf Spot
- Leaf Spot
- Downy Mildew
- Powdery Mildew
- Southern Blight
- Early Blight
- Late Blight
- See label for full list
CEASE is labeled for use on the following crops
- Brussels Sprouts
- Mustard Greens
- Kohlrabi and other brassica crops
- Shallots and other bulb vegetables
- Sweet Potato
- Turnip and other root/tuber crops
- Watermelon and other cucurbits
- Eggplant and other fruiting vegetables
- Radicchio and other leafy vegetables
- See label for full list
CEASE General Treatment Instructions
Use a general rate of 4 quarts of CEASE per acre or 3-6 quarts per 100 gallons of water.
CEASE, a liquid formulation, easily goes into suspension. It is compatible with a wide range of pesticides, fertilizers and adjuvants. The use of a spreader/sticker or wetting agent is recommended to improve canopy penetration and coverage.
Frequency: CEASE should be applied every 7 days, although it can be re-applied in as little as 3 day intervals.
CEASE Application Notes
• CEASE can be used immediately before or after a B-Nine application without the phytotoxicity concerns common with coppers.
• CEASE works well when tank-mixed with MilStop®. Together these products have shown to provide an added boost in controlling pathogens.
• Maintain a spray solution pH between 4.5 and 8.5.Unlike copper-based bactericides, CEASE may be used with pH lowering materials without causing injury to plants.
CEASE Active Ingredient
Bacillus subtilis (strain QST 713).....................1.34%
CEASE Available Sizes
• 1 Gallon
• 2.5 Gallon
CEASE is compatible with many products commonly used in tank mixes by plant, tree and turf care professionals. Our scientists have tested various products for tank mixing compatibility. Please see the chart below. If you have questions or compounds that you would like to mix with CEASE and do not see them on our list, please contact us.
Sign up for our Newsletter.