Pest Insect Control / WOrms & Caterpillars
A Proven & Effective Organic Silver-Bullet for Armyworms Now Devastating Lawns.
Javelin WG is a biological insecticide specific for use against the lepidopterous larvae listed on the label. Javelin WG must be eaten by the larvae to be effective. Since Javelin WG is most effective against small, newly hatched larvae, an early scouting program to determine early infestations is recommended. After consuming a lethal dose of Javelin WG, larvae stop eating within an hour, but may remain on the foliage until they die, usually within several days. Affected larvae move more slowly and tend to become shriveled and discolored before dying.
Javelin WG Benefits
- Biological insecticide is natural, effective and non-toxic.
- Controls worms and caterpillars on fruits, vegetables, ornamentals, and shade trees.
- No off-target toxicity to bees or other beneficial non-caterpillar (Lepidoptera) species, animals or the environment.
- Easy-to-mix liquid concentrate.
Pests Controlled By Javelin WG
- Peach twig borer
- Codling moth
- Imported cabbageworm
- Diamondback moth
- Beet armyworm
- Velvet bean caterpillar
- Tobacco budworm
- Cotton bollworm
- Gypsy moth
Javelin WG Benefits Application Instructions
- Apply Javelin WP at a general rate of 0.25 to 1.5 lbs. per acre in a minimum of 30 gallons of water.
- Application rates are typically given as a range:
- Lower Rate: Ranges may be desired when tank mixing with contact insecticides labeled for worm control or under conditions of light worm infestations or when uniformly small worms are present.
- Medium Rate: Ranges may be desired when multiple worm life stages are present, continuous egg hatches are occurring or young or light armyworm infestations exist.
- Upper Rate: Ranges may be desired for heavy worm infestations, mature (larger) worms or for moderate to heavy infestations of armyworm, bollworm, or other difficult to control worm species.
- Repeat every 5-10 days as needed.
Javelin WG Benefits Active Ingredient
- Bacillus thuringiensis, subspecies kurstaki strain SA-11 solids, spores, and Lepidopteran active toxins* ......................... 85.0%
Javelin WG Available Sizes
- 5 lb. Bag (Covers 10 acres).