Organic Weed Control / Non-Selective
OMRI-Listed and Approved For Use In Organic Agriculture
HomePlate has a unique mode of action that kills only plant leaves and shuts down photosynthesis. High solubility and formulation stability allow for better spreading and knockdown. HomePlate can be used for vegetation burndown, directed and shielded sprays, pre-plant application, post-harvest spray, sucker control, pruning and trimming, harvest aid and is rain-fast within three hours!
- A great organic product for use when conventional herbicides are banned or not desired!
- Does not contain glyphosate, 2,4-D, Dicamba or other toxic synthetic compounds.
- Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) listed product. Can be used on organic crops or in agricultural production.
- Fast acting - Visible results within hours.
- Highly biodegradable, will not affect woody parts of plants - great for spraying at the base of trees or bushes; perfect for vineyards or for hops growers.
- Dissipates quickly.
- Does not stain brick, concrete or pavement.
- None of the unpleasant odor found in other acid fatty acid products.
- EPA registered & approved.
- Quick re-entry and no harmful residues.
Weeds Controlled by HomePlate Include
- Black nightshade.
- Canada thistle.
- Catchweed bedstraw.
- Common lamb’s quarter.
- Shepherd’s purse.
- Wild Chamomile.
HomePlate Can Be Used On
- Vegetation Burndown.
- Directed and Shielded Sprays.
- Pre-plant Application.
- Post-Harvest Spray.
- Sucker Control, Pruning and Trimming.
- Harvest Aid and Desiccation.
- Structural and Building Applications.
HomePlate Application Notes
- Use 4 oz. HomePlate per gallon of water (approximately a 3% solution) for small, easy-to-kill weeds, less than 5 inches tall, and for moss and algae.
- Use 6 oz. of HomePlate per gallon of water (approximately a 4.5% solution) for larger perennial weeds and grasses.
- Use 9 oz. of HomePlate per gallon of water (approximately a 7% solution) for tough to kill weeds, vines, brush and sucker control.
- Consult the product label for more details.
HomePlate Active Ingredients
Caprylic Acid ..................................... 44%
Capric Acid ........................................ 36%
HomePlate Available Sizes
- 2.5 Gallon (Covers 1 Acre).
- 250 Gallon (Covers 100 Acres).