Pest Insect Control
DES-X Insecticidal Soap Concentrate
DES-X® is an insecticide/miticide soap concentrate that eradicates pests through nonspecific direct contact, breaking down the cuticle and penetrating the body of the insect and/or mite. It is an effective choice for resistance management, and has no residual effects after the spray application dries. It is compatible with control agents, beneficial insects, and beneficial predatory mites.
DES-X Insecticidal Soap Concentrate Benefits
- Formulated for optimum spreading across leaf surfaces or insect cuticle.
- Effective against adult, larval and nymph stages of the pests.
- Can be used to control pest infestations prior to releasing beneficials.
- Contains potassium salts of fatty acids (also known as "insecticidal soap") for effective control of various insect species
- May be combined with other pesticides to broaden the target spectrum, improve the level of kill, provide residual control, and enhance coverage.
Pests Controlled by DES-X Insecticidal Soap Concentrate
- Adelgids (woolly aphids)
- Lace bugs
- Scale insects
- Plant bugs
- Sawfly larvae
- Tent caterpillars
- Spider mite
Application Instructions for DES-X Insecticidal Soap Concentrate
- For field applications, apply a 2% dilution:
For Lower Volume Applications: Add 2.5 ounces of Des-X per 1 gallon of water. Apply 1.75 to 4.5 gallons of the diluted product per 1,000 square feet.
For High Volume Applications: Add 2 gallons of Des-X per 100 gallons of water. Apply 75 to 200 gallons of the diluted product per acre using ground spray equipment.
- For use as a deer repellent, apply a 2% dilution (2.5 ounces of product per gallon of water) at a minimum of half a gallon of of spray solution per 1,000 square feet (a minimum of 10 gallons per acre).
- Repeat treatment every 1-2 weeks as needed.
- For optimal results, begin treatment at first visible signs of infestation.
- Ensure thorough spray coverage to reach all plants including the undersides of leaves; do not spray to run-off.
- May be used on edible crops up to and including the day of harvest.
- For any additional information, see the manufacturer's Label Here.
DES-X Insecticidal Soap Concentrate Active Ingredients
Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids .......... 47%
Other Ingredients ................................. 53%
DES-X Insecticidal Soap Concentrate Available Sizes
- 2.5 Gallon Concentrate (Covers 64,000 square feet).