Pest Insect Control
BotaniGard® MAXX is a biologically based insecticide that combines myco- and botanical insecticide liquid with multiple modes of action for quick knock-down and control of aphids, thrips, weevils, whiteflies and more. It uses natural pyrethrins (beauveria bassiana strain GHS). It is an excellent partner for use with BotaniGard.
BotaniGard MAXX Benefits
- Uses the latest generation of biorationals for insect control
- A unique combination of a mycoinsecticide and botanical insecticide
- Results comparable to conventional chemical alternatives
- Excellent rotation partner with BotaniGard
- An effective and fast acting alternative for an Insect Pest Management (IPM) Program
- Large and diverse crop list and multiple use sites
Quick Knock Down
BotaniGard MAXX can be used alone or in rotation. BotaniGard MAXX acts on contact. When insect pressure is high, this product can be used for quick knockdown, followed up by typical BotaniGard use.
Multiple Modes of Action
The combination of Beauveria bassiana strain GHA and natural pyrethrins provides multiple modes of action. The results are comparable to those obtained from conventional chemical alternatives.
- Leaf-feeding insects
- Plant bugs
- Scarab and leaf-feeding beetles
- Soft scales
BotaniGard MAXX is most effective when used early, at the first appearance of the pest insect. It works by shutting down the insect nervous system and exposing them to an insect killing fungus. BotaniGard MAXX is compatible with a wide range of insecticides, some fungicides and spray adjuvants. It should be rotated with other active ingredients to avoid the development of insecticide resistance.
- Vegetables- 8-64 fl. oz. per 100 gal. of water. 100 gal. per acre.
- Aerial Application- 8-32 fl. oz. per 100 gal. of water. 5-100 gal. per acre.
- Greenhouse Use- 32 fl. oz. per 100 gal. of water. 100 gal. per acre.