Organic Weed Control
Bonide Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew®
Bonide Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew is a selective, broadleaf weed killer that kill only weeds and not the desired turf. Using a specially formulated iron solution, Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew is a game changer in the organic lawn care industry, the first effective weed killer that does not contain toxic synthetic compounds. The choice of professional applicators, this iron-based weed killer leave lawns healthy and weed-free!
Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew works quickly, delivering visible same-day results, even in cool weather. With a unique ground breaking iron-based formulation, Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew is highly effective and has no unpleasant odor. Pets and people can re-enter the treated area as soon as the spray is dry, the minimal period allowed by the EPA. Suitable for broadcast application (entire lawn) or spot treatment, Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew helps your lawn look its best without toxic, environmentally-harsh synthetic chemicals. The top choice of professionals, Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew is now available in convenient Ready-To-Use and smaller concentrate sizes.
Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew Benefits
- Liquid selective herbicide that effectively kills broadleaf weeds in the lawn.
- Works fast and weed control can be seen in the same day.
- Three benefits from one application – green-up, post emergent broadleaf weed control, and early post emergent crabgrass control (up to the four-leaf stage) per three years of data from Rutgers University.
- Made with iron, Does Not contain the synthetic weed chemicals 2,4-D or Dicamba!
- People and pets can enter treated area when spray dries.
- No unpleasant odor.
- Rain-fast in 3 hours.
- Effective even in cool weather.
- The exact same product ingredients as Iron X!™ Selective Weed Killer at about 1/8 the price!
Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew Application Instructions
Bonide Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew Concentrate Application Instructions
Large Areas (Broadcast Sprays):
- Add 5 oz. of Fiesta / Weed Beater Fe per gallon of water.
- Apply 2.5 gallons of water per 1,000 sq. ft. (or 12.5 oz. product per 2.5 gallons of water per 1,000 square feet).
- Repeat in 3-4 weeks for optimal knockdown of weeds.
- Use 5 oz. of Fiesta / Weed Beater Fe per gallon of water and spray enough to wet weeds as needed.
Bonide Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew Ready-to-Use Application Instructions
- Shake well before use.
- Do not dilute.
- Thoroughly spray weeds.
- Use a coarse nozzle setting to reduce drift.
- Repeat treatment in 3 to 4 weeks for best results.
- Thoroughly spray weeds to point of runoff.
- Ensure turf is well watered prior to application.
- Do not apply when the daytime temperature will be below 50°F or above 85°F.
- Do not apply to bentgrass.
- Iron can stain some stone, concrete, clothes, equipment and other such things. Any desirable plants or structures accidentally contacted should be rinsed with water.
- Do not apply to stressed lawns, such as drought stress.
- Use standard spray equipment, with a coarse nozzle, such as a hand-held or backpack sprayer. Hose-End sprayers are not compatible.
- Repeat treatment in 3 to 4 weeks for best results and a longer-lasting weed kill.
- Occasionally a darkening of the grass leaf blades can occur; however the grass will recover within a few days to weeks.
- Allow 3 hours before rain or watering so the product can dry.
- Do not apply during windy conditions to avoid over-spray.
- May leave a rusty stain on concrete, pavers or other lightly colored areas; avoid such areas when spraying turf.
Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew Active Ingredient
Bonide Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew Ready to Use:
Iron HEDTA (FeHEDTA) ............ 1.5%
Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew Concentrate:
Iron HEDTA (FeHEDTA) ............ 26.52%
Captain Jack's Lawnweed Brew Sizes and Coverage
- 1 Quart Ready-To-Use Trigger Sprayer (Coverage Varies by Use).
- 1 Gallon Ready-To-Use Sprayers (Coverage varies by Use).
- 1 Pint Concentrate (Covers 1,250 Square Feet).
- 1 Quart Concentrate (Covers 2,500 Square Feet).
Note: For our larger, professional sized iron-based Selective Weed Killer see
Fiesta Weed Killer by CLICKING HERE.