Organic Weed Control
Bonide Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew®
Bonide Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew is a patented fast-acting weed, grass, algae, and moss killers that represents a new class of products for organic weed control that does not contain glyphosate or other toxic chemicals! Utilizing concentrated and potent and non-staining fatty acids (soaps), Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew is a non-selective herbicides and the best new top-of-the-line technology for fast-acting and through killing or suppression of many common annual, biennial, and perennial weeds, algae and mosses. A great organic product for use when conventional herbicides are banned or not desired!
Herbicidal soaps work by penetrating the waxy cuticle of plants, causing the plant to dehydrate and die. The active ingredients accumulate in plants and cause intracellular damage, leading to cell death. Activity is non-selective and will kill plants the soap comes into contact with, but will not translocate to underground portions of the plant or harm the bark of mature, woody plants. Can be safely sprayed around the base of trees, shrubs, hops, grapes without worry.
Benefits of Using Bonide Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew
- Great alternatives to conventional herbicides such as glyphosate!
- Fast acting - visible results within hours.
- Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) listed product (Finalsan only) or "For Organic Gardening".
- Highly biodegradable, will not affect woody parts of plants - great for spraying at the base of trees or bushes; perfect for vineyards or for hops growers.
- Dissipates quickly.
- Does not stain brick, concrete or pavement.
- No unpleasant odor as with other acid fatty acid products.
- EPA registered & approved.
- Quick re-entry and no harmful residues.
- Kill weeds without worrying about children, pets, animals or the environment!
Bonide Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew Application Directions
- Small Easy To Kill Weeds: Use a 3% solution (4 oz. per gallon).
- Larger Established Weeds: Use a 6% solution (8 oz. per gallon).
- For Tougher to Kill Weeds, Vines, Brush and Sucker Control: Use a 9% solution (12 oz. per gallon).
Apply 2.5 to 7.5 gallons of the diluted solution per 1,000 square foot (3 to 9 oz. per square yard).
Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew will destroy most plants it is applied on so it should NOT be applied on areas of lawn where desired grass could be killed. For a selective option that kill sonly weeds and not turf, try our Fiesta Selective Weed Killer.
Bonide Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew Active Ingredients
Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew Ready-To-Use:
- Caprylic Acid (C8 Fatty Acid) ........... 2.62%
- Capric Acid (C10 Fatty Acid) ............ 2.17%
Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew Concentrate:
- Caprylic Acid (C8 Fatty Acid) .......... 44%
- Capric Acid (C10 Fatty Acid) ........... 36%
Bonide Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew Sizes Available
- 1 Quart Ready-To-Use (As Needed).
- 1 Gallon Ready-To-Use (As Needed).
- 1 Pint Concentrate (Covers 520 to 1,600 sq. ft.).
- 1 Quart Concentrate (Covers 1,040 to 3,200 sq. ft.).
Note: For our larger, professional sized Non-Selective Weed Killer see
Finalsan Organic Weed Killer by CLICKING HERE