Actinovate AG BioFungicide
Actinovate® AG is a biological fungicide/bactericide for use in suppressing a broad range of diseases across multiple crops. It colonizes plant structures and attaches to the root zone or foliage to form a defensive barrier around the plant, which in turn keeps pathogens out. Actinovate AG forms a symbiotic relationship with plants and feeds off of the plant waste and secrets beneficial by-products. It's also a flexible fit in all crop production systems including organic, sustainable and conventional programs.
This organic biological fungicide/bactericide uses a microbe (Streptomyces lydicus WYEC 108) for the suppression and control of a wide swath of soil-borne and foliar diseases. This Streptomyces strain will colonize the root system and foliage of plants, which will displace pathogenic fungi present there and protect those areas from further fungal development. Without the stress of fighting disease, your plants will have a vibrant root zone and vigorously healthy foliage growth.
Actinovate AG Benefits
- Actinovate AG is a high concentration of a patented beneficial bacterium on a 100% water soluble powder. When applied as a spray this powerful product is extremely effective against a wide range of foliar diseases including Powdery and Downey Mildew, Botrytis, Alternaria and other aerial borne pathogens.
- Actinovate AG is also labeled as a soil drench application for root decay diseases such as Pythium, Phytophthora, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Verticillium, Phymatotrichum omnivorum (cotton root rot) and other root decay fungi. In fact, when used as a preventative, researchers have seen Actinovate® AG work as well or better than most chemicals.
- With a restricted-entry interval of 4 hours (4-hr REI), Actinovate AG can be applied up and including the day of harvest.
- Can be used with compatible registered fungicide, bactericide, insecticide, or nematicide products unless restricted. Consult manufacturer for compatibility questions and pre-check for compatibility as appropriate.
- Excellent as part of an overall disease management strategy or Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program.
- Water soluble so it will not clog machinery and does not require constant agitation when applying.
- Can be used on all crops grown for seed.
The benefits of Actinovate AG don't stop there: Because of the special properties of the Actinovate microbe, plants treated with Actinovate AG will be vigorous, have increased vitality and have much better root growth. Actinovate AG contains the patented microorganism Streptomyces lydicus strain WYEC 108.
When introduced into the plant this microbe colonizes and grows around the...root system (as a drench) and foliage (as a spray). At this point the microbe forms a synergetic relationship, feeding off of the plant's exudes while secreting beneficial and anti-fungal byproducts. This combination of the colonization and the protective secretions forms a defensive barrier around the plant which in turn suppresses/controls disease causing pathogens. The Actinovate microbe also has been shown to prey on certain fungi, disrupting their cell walls and disabling them in the process.
This symbiotic relationship between plant and microbe is the optimum balance for a natural, productive growing environment. Actinovate AG makes it happen.
Activate AG is Labelled for the Following Diseases:
Use to control plant diseases such as damping-off, root and stem rot, charcoal rot and wilt caused by Alternaria, Anthracnose (Colletotrichum), Armillaria, Bipolaris, Botrytis, Cladosporium, Colletotrichum, Didymella, Fusarium, Gaeumannomyces graminis, Macrophomina, Monilinia, Mycosphaerella, Penicillium, Phytophthora, Plasmodiophora, Plicaria, Pyrenochaeta, Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Sclerotinia, Taphrina, Verticillium and Xanthomonas. Also controls Downy Mildews and Powdery Mildews.
Actinovate AG Application Instructions
- General Application: Use 1 teaspoon of Actinovate SP per 2 gallons of water.
- Greenhouse Soil Drench: Weight 5 oz of Actinovate SP and apply solution as a drench to plants/growing media at a rate of 1 gallon per cubic foot of growing media, this equates to enough solution to saturate soil without creating runoff.
- Turf Grass Initial Application or Problem Areas: Weight 1.25 oz (36 grams) of Actinovate SP in 5 gallons of water per 1,000 square feet.
- Turf Grass Maintenance: Weight 0.5 oz. (12 grams) of Actinovate SP in 5 gallons of water per 1,000 square feet.
- Plant Soil Drenches: Weight 4–6 oz. of Actinovate SP in 100 gallons of water to create solution. Apply solution as a drench to plants/
growing media at a rate of 1 gallon per cubic foot of growing
media, this equates to enough solution to saturate soil without
- Plant Soil Drenches for Smaller Quantities: Use 1 teaspoon of Actinovate SP per 2 gallons of water to create solution and apply as above.
- Plant Cutting or Bare Root Transplant Dip: Dip cuttings or transplants in Actinovate SP dry powder or in a solution of 6–18 oz. Actinovate SP and 50 gallons of water. Let soak for up to three hours prior to planting. Plant treated cuttings or transplants in potting mix or soil in the usual manner.
Actinovate AG Active Ingredients
Streptomyces lydicus WYEC 108* ...................... 0.0371%
*End-use product contains not less than 1 x 107 CFU/g Streptomyces lydicus WYEC 108
Actinovate AG Available Size
- 18 oz Bag (Covers 6 to 24 acres, depending on use).